Tuesday, December 12, 2006

College.... stream of thoughts about college during finals week... this could be bad.

It doesn't matter what your degree is in, nor where you received it. They all say the same thing: I paid to get a piece of paper that says that I am capable of doing at least 70 percent of anything and everything people tell me to do for four years. Now that is something to be proud of. Trouble is, you practice this since birth. What happens when most get out of college? They realize that there isn't anyone to tell them exactly what to do anymore. They dabble... dabble... wander.

How to think? How to ask? How to wonder? How to live?

I propose this: teach people how to ask to answer high-level "how to" questions. Teach them how to live on their own, how to survive and thrive, how to be problem solvers and how to practice something new. Then maybe people wouldn't be so dependent and "educated" and maybe they would be forced to think for themselves. Don't ask, "what do my grades tell me I should do with my life?" Rather ask, "what was I born to be?" We can't all squeeze into that cliche little box.

1 Comments:

Blogger SvenJosefson said...

You know its actually really simple. All these questions can be answered. You stop dreaming, that is the first step to living. Then you go out and play house like you did when you were a kid, but you don't use monopoly money this time and you can kiss the boy without your dad getting upset. Senility isn't the last phase but that is when you realize the game is almost up and if you're holding any aces or wildcards now is the time to play them.

3:17 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home