Thursday, August 31, 2006

Today I was put into a box. Well actually, I was sifted into a graph, then interpreted by some black scribblings contained in rectangle on a hard piece of converted trees, but nonetheless a flat box. The black scribbling rudely proceeded to tell me what my learning style was and how I act accordingly. It forces me to read stuff “about myself” which makes me wonder if I really am like this or if I just think I am because of the data I gave them to conclude this… Do I rebel to show that they cannot put me in a box? Do I unconsciously conform to the whole box just because parts of the box were correct? Or maybe I will just go on with my life, not thinking about it and continue to do what I do best: just be me (can you find that in my box?).

Here is my box

Integrate experience and application.

Seek hidden possibilities excitement.

Need to know what can be done with things.

Exercise authority through common vision.

Learn by trial-and-error, self-discovery.

Seek influence and solidarity.

Enrich reality.

Perceive information concretely and process it actively.

Adaptable to change and relish it; like variety and excel in situations calling for flexibility.

Tend to take risks, at ease with people but sometimes seems pushy.

Often reach accurate conclusions in the absence of logical justification.

Function by acting and testing experience.

Strength: Action, carrying out plans.

Goals: To make things happen, to bring action to concepts.

Favorite Question: If

Careers: Marketing, sales, action-oriented managerial jobs, education, social professions


I also find it semi-ironic that the reason behind doing this test in an education class is to be more open to other learning styles. Hmmm…. The last time that I checked, there are more than 4 different people in this world. Wouldn’t you think that to be more open to diverse needs you would want to expand your opinions of people, not categorize them? If there were only 4 definite ways of learning, our school system would be much more organized and effective (its kinda hard to be less effective, but that is for a different time to rant about).

(By the way, this pic is me taking a cartwheel on THE grassy knoll. You cannot do a cartwheel in a box.)

2 Comments:

Blogger SvenJosefson said...

So, cool to have a box that people can put you in and try to understand you by.

2:47 AM

 
Blogger SvenJosefson said...

I want to break free...

12:25 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home